Lahaina Real Estate and Maui Luxury Real Estate
Lahaina was formerly known as Lele, a word that means “unstoppable sun.” It is one of Hawaii’s most historic towns, serving as the royal capital of the Kingdom of Hawaii from 1820 to 1845.
Lahaina was also a famous whaling center during the industry’s boom years in the mid-1800s. It’s said Herman Melville was inspired to write Moby Dick after the author went looking for a job in Lahaina during those years.
Today, Lahaina is a cultural and lifestyle hotspot for tourists and residents, sought after for the perfection of its tropical climate and grand beachfront dwellings.
Living in Lahaina
Ideal as a vacation destination or a permanent home, Lahaina boasts of:
• Sunset luaus for the best in Hawaiian regional cuisine, along with live performances of traditional Polynesian dances
• Broadway-worthy performances at the Maui Theatre
• Whale-watching tours beginning November when humpback whales leave Alaska during the winter months for the warmer waters of the Pacific Ocean
• The number of turtles, dolphins, and sea lions off the waters of Maui
• Being in the National Register of Historic Places, with 55 acres of the old town Lahaina designated as a historic spot
• Front Street, voted one of the one of the “Top Ten Greatest Streets” by the American Planning Association for its art galleries, waterfront restaurants, boutiques, and harbor
Lahaina Real Estate
If the attractions and the promise of easy living in this tropical heritage town intrigue you, check out some of the available luxury properties in Lahaina, which include:
• Single-family homes with outstanding ocean and island views
• A luxurious hillside estate on 27 breathtaking acres
• Lavish custom homes with detached guest cottages
• Plantation-style residences with high-end appointments
A range of styles, types, locations, features, and amenities are available for you to choose from.